California Tenant’s Legal Obligations for Care of Premises. A tenant’s affirmative obligations to a landlord for reasonable care and habitability are:
- Keep his or her part of the premises as clean and sanitary as possible.
- Dispose of garbage and trash in a clean and sanitary manner.
- Properly use the plumbing, electrical, and gas fixtures and keep them as clean as their condition permits.
- Not permit any person on the premises to willfully destroy, deface, damage, impair, or remove any part of the structure, facilities, or equipment.
- Occupy the premises for sleeping, cooking, dining, or other purposes for which they were designed or intended.
Failure to meet these obligations could possibly result in tenant being served with eviction notice.
yeah helpful now that i asked google right damn question.otherwise nobody would help without a $1000.00 retainer.lived for 4 1/2 years on a month to month lease where rent due first of month standard.yet the female landlord let me pay three sometimes four times a month end of year i hit unemployment she waits until taxes come in and we settle up.this year changed. got a 60 day notice for someone living in shed.not true and she had no proof. so 3 day pay or quit $1500.00 called said had it. she said would pick up never did.denied payment then started eviction process. now 5 day notice to vacate. still i did nothing wrong. i have no rights as a tax paying citizen. renters rights my ass. so i looked at my lease noticed that she is suppossed to be paying all my utilities.electric,water garbage, and gas for the whole time i was living there but i payed instead. luckily for me my beatiful loving endoring wife kept all reciepts so we are going to sue them for $10,000 in small claims for breach of contract. will let you know how it turns out. by the way there is no help for us renters. we have to go above and beyond our capables means just to keep a roof over our familys head. but thank god for that good ol usa. MY ASS !!!!!!!!!!!
Leave a comment